Keystone Computer Associates is looking for a Data Modeler for a 6+ month contract position in Trevose, PA. All qualified, local candidates will have the following background and experience. If interested in discussing, please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Modeler will be responsible for the logical modelling and data architecture of the company Data Warehouse. Will perform business data analysis for internal and external systems which include transactional systems, enterprise databases, business intelligence and reporting, meta data management, master data management, and data movement. The ideal candidate will be able to provide a quality solution that encompasses implementation and continual improvement of data quality practices and governance.
- Assist in the architecture and development of an enterprise data warehouse that enables fact-based decision making, ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Working knowledge of data integration techniques, processes and best practices between DB2 and SQL Server using SSIS, Cognos Data Manager, or any other enterprise level tools for data Extract, Transfer, and Load (ETL) sequences.
- Data modeling skills including 3rd NF, Dimensional and other techniques using various modelling tools.
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to develop new and manipulate existing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including listening effectively and sharing information within a team environment.
- Utilize appropriate software development best practices in concert with a project team.
- Ability to multitask between support tasks and new development deliverables.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Ability review and gather business requirements and interpret these into an architectural design and information model.
- ETL Mapping: tables from source to target using standard SDLC templates.
- Experienced in defining and manipulating complex SQL including mathematical functions, grouping, joins, sub-select, etc.
- Experienced in data loading, extraction and manipulation for diverse RDBMS- specifically SQL Server, DB2, and Netezza
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet formats for data analysis, organization, and loading
- Develop, package and deliver new service offerings related to business intelligence analysis and reporting.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred or, equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and structures, multiple data integration tools and techniques, ETL processes and best practices.
- Great interpersonal skills that has the ability to interface with stakeholders from different business units.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to quality.
- At least 5 years of data modeling and analysis experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and development of business reporting and decision support systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with SQL and database procedural languages i.e. T-SQL.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse architecture and Development
- Affinity to work in international and multi-cultural environment with good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Administration and operation including but not limited to monitoring, backup and restore, security and user management.
- Real-Time Replication.
- Ability to participate in blueprint and design sessions, review options and provide recommendations while communicating the benefits, risks, and constraints to both the business and IT stakeholders.
- Ability to work in multiple environments and be able to prioritize and multi-task with a consistent track record of meeting deadlines while optimizing client satisfaction.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis, User Interface Design, SQL Programming.
- Experience with multiple relational, dimensional, and OLAP databases
- Experience with database performance tuning
- Experience with Information Modeling, Table design, and Data Provisioning
- Understanding of software development methodologies and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Experience with project management
All candidates must be local to the Philadelphia and Suburban area.
All candidates must be available for onsite, in person client interviews.
There are no relocation or interviewing expenses included with this position.
All interested candidates, please forward resume to email@example.com.